Friday, February 26, 2010

Winter Session Week 8

Kindergarten Spanish:
Me gusta green eggs and ham! Next week is Dr. Seuss day, so we read Green eggs and Ham in Spanish, stressing me gusta(I like) and no me gusta(I don't like). The students had fun using the promethean board to drag pictures into me gusta and no me gusta categories and reviewing body parts with this crazy silly face internet activity.

B1-2 Technology:
After researching an animal or a planet in their classroom, B1-2 students brought their research to the lab and used it to make a 3 fact power point presentation with formatted text, clip art, and slide transitions. Again, I am so impressed with how well these little guys are doing! I hope parents check out their work on portfolio night.

3-4 Technology:
After adding the finishing touches (backgrounds, sounds, transitions) to their Olympic power points from last week, we discussed the importance of effort and perserverence to everyone in life, not just athletes. We used the Super Comic Creator
to make a comic strip that showcased these lifeskills, and then had fun playing some olympic games like Huskey slalom and Seal curling. Of course, we also checked out the real Olympic site to keep up with the medal counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment